Cool Hand Coffee Appreciation Class February 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
This experiential course, is a beginners guide for tasting. Coffee will be the focus however the skills you learn will allow you to apply this knowledge in other areas such as wine or food. We will explore different brewing technique - what even is a cold brew?
Participants will learn how the tongue recognises different tastes and what exactly are those groups (sweet, salt, sour, bitter, umami). We will also teach easy techniques to identify and qualify aromas and flavours using the flavour wheel, as well as covering different types of acids and body.
The objective of this course is to allow a broader audience to enjoy the intricate art of cupping and tasting, by using everyday ingredients found in every kitchen. Ultimately our goal is to enhance your individual daily experiences with the beloved beverage. You will understand roasting profiles as well as different brewing techniques.
You will receive 3 x of Cool Hand Coffee's favourite roasts to enjoy after the class and put your skills to test. Please provide your address for non contact delivery. Delivery is only 10km from Melbourne CBD. If you live outside this area, please email us at email@example.com
You will receive:
- 3 x different Cool Hands Coffee flavours
- Delivery to a 10k radius
- Lessons on how your taste & smell pallets work
- Knowledge of how best to brew your coffee
- Trust yourself when using this knowledge to identify different flavour notes in wine, food and coffee
- If you have any of these handy, it will enhance your Experiencia:
- - Table salt
- - Sugar (if you have various types, this will be better), Honey, Maple Syrup
- - White Vinegar
- - Lime
- - Tea (floral or Earl Grey Tea preferred)
- - Spices: nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon.
- - Slice of bread
- - Fruits: berries, apple, mandarin, orange, peach, lemon.
- - Chocolate (powder, bar, etc). Preferably dark
- - Luke warm water
- - 1 x cup/glass
- - Access to a coffee making utensil ie plunger, percolator, stove top, coffee machine, etc
Your Coffee Roaster and Host:
Sebastian Farias is a coffee specialist with a Q-Grading qualification and is one of only 5 people in Australia with that qualification. He has worked as a barista and a coffee roaster before starting his own coffee brand.
Cool Hand Coffee is a truly honest coffee brand roasting here in Melbourne. We want you to feel connected to the people who grow and pick your beans. The coolest hands of all are the ones that do the work: the hands who farm and give life to this amazing elixir we all love, the hands that we sometimes take for granted. At cool hand we want to give the credit back where it belongs. The hands that feed us tell the most powerful stories. You may not ever see our faces, you may never know who we are, but we will share every step of this journey we take with you and shed light on the true heroes of this industry so that when we finally get that cup of liquid gold in our hands, we can trace it back to fair prices for our farming partners, sustainable practices, the most amazing stories, and of course some killer beans (promise). We will continue to put these stories here and try and connect you as closely as possible to the legends who did the work, the more we know, the better we can be.
- Cool Hand Coffee appreciation$35+$3.50 GST+$0.96 Service fee$35+$3.50 GST+$0.96 Service fee0$0